Mission, Vision & Core Values
What is YALDA?
“ YALDA is a means to an end, but NOT the end itself ” the Sun brings light and warmth to the plant, but it is up to the plant to make effective use of the sun’s light and other materials in order to grow, mature and develop its fruits; the Sun CANNOT develop fruits for the plant!
YALDA envisions an international network of inspired, empowered and proactive young African leaders who hold influential decision-making positions, are running their own organizations or companies, culminating in a prosperous and developed African continent.
YALDA provides a forum for youth on the African continent and those abroad with a commitment to the welfare of Africa. By networking with professionals, mentors and each other, members will increase their capacity to take on positive leadership roles in their universities, countries and on the continent. Through YALDA, members will implement their short and long-term visions for Africa.
All members shall embody the following YALDA core values by being: Compassionate, Ambitious, and Proactive while displaying Integrity, Commitment, Professionalism and Solidarity, and striving for Excellence in all they do.
The YALDA Core Values are defined as follows:
- Compassionate: members will have a deep heartfelt concern for the development of the continent and its people.
- Ambitious: members will have a strong desire to achieve development in Africa and be willing to work diligently to realize the YALDA vision.
- Proactive: members will anticipate and address issues and challenges that they may encounter while striving to achieve the goals and objectives of YALDA.
- Integrity: members will promote sound moral and ethical principles that will uphold the YALDA vision.
- Commitment: members will engage and commit to activities that will attract youth in the continent to embrace the YALDA vision.
- Professionalism: members will employ exceptional working standards also maintaining desirable African norms and cultures while implementing the stated goals and objectives of YALDA.
- Solidarity: members will continue to nurture their alliances and networks to accomplish the YALDA vision.
- Excellence: members will ensure that they attain distinction and maintain exceptional quality performance in all their activities and initiatives.